As a graphic designer, my advice to those trying to make career in design would be follow these 5 steps.
1. Think about the end use, and the end user to find a fitting and proper creative solution.
2. Think about your clients needs, how can you deliver even more than they were expecting.
3. You time, manage your time wisely and do not waste it, and do not let others waste it.
4. Look at the best design in your market; and know that's where you need to be or better.
5. Make time for yourself and your family, set goals and live life well.
I am always open to questions and helping others down the road of professional design.
See my corporate work at md182.com
See my digital illustration work at mikemorgadesigns.com